27 crazy-affordable drugstore beauty products that might as well be high-end
Watch out Sephora, these low-end beauty buys will give even the fanciest makeup addict a run for their money. Makeup should make you feel happy and good about yourself — and you don’t need to feel left out of that happiness if you don’t have the budget for a $52 foundation. Here are 27 amazing-quality products that will make you feel pampered and regal AF — and best of all, they’re wallet-friendly.
1. e.l.f. Studio Blush, $3
I am never buying another NARS blush again. e.l.f. blushes have a VERY similar formula, and go on smoothly and subtly.
2. Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil, $8.59
Why pay $$$$$ to get your nails done when all you need is this bottle of cuticle magic?
3. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream, Extra Dry, $19.99
Similar to Clinique’s Moisture Surge Extended Relief (but $20 cheaper), you’ll want to slather this all over your pretty face every day because it’ll feel so smooth.
4. Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer, $12.99
Smashbox’s primers are iconic. They even have a primer called Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer… for a heart palpitation-inducing price of $36. If you’re not one who is easily seduced by brand names, Revlon’s Photoready primer feels and works exactly like Smashbox primer products. And it’s MUCH cheaper (and you get more product).
5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment, $7.19
I love this product so much, I waxed poetic about it for HelloGiggles. It’s the perfect light concealer that hides your dark circles (and can also function as an overall face-brightener) that will make you look like you slept for 12 hours straight.
6. e.l.f. Lip Primer and Plumper, $3
What’s better than a two-in-one?
7. NYX Super Fat Eye Marker, Carbon Black, $9.99
On the hunt for a precise, black-as-licorice eyeliner marker? Congrats, you just met your BFF.
8. Sinful Nail Polish, $2.02
If the $8-9 price tag that comes with Essie, Orly, or OPI make you feel sad, there are always Sinful Colors, which come in a variety of colors that will give you a gorgeous mani and pedi.
9. No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation SPF 15,$14.99
Slightly more expensive than the regular drugstore/Target foundation brand, No7 products feel MEGA LUXE and are worth every penny. Plus, you get a lot for your money.
10. NYX Butter Lipstick 3-Piece Set, $11.99
These lipsticks literally feel like butter — they give your lips moisture AND beautiful color.
11. CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara, $7.49
No clumping here — just volume, volume, volume.
12. Wet n Wild To Reflect Shimmer Palette, $5.99
Use it as bronzer! Use it as highlighter! Use it as eyeshadow! Bonus? It’s cruelty-free.
13. Wine Blot Lip Balm (w/SPF 20), $10
I mean, how fancy pants is this lip balm? It gives your thirsty lips the hydration they’ve been looking for AND a tiny bit of tint.
14. Boots Keep it Sweet Body Scrub in Passion Fruit, $6.99
If the bright pink color doesn’t catch your interest, then the lovely scent surely will.
15. OGX Hydrating Body Lotion Moroccan Argan Oil, $4.96
Legs feeling dry? Elbows in need of some TLC? This luxurious argan oil lotion is EXACTLY what you need.
15. Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Facial Souffle Moisturizer, $14.99
Not only will this leave your face smelling like coconuts and feeling soft, but you get to say you use SOUFFLÉ as part of your beauty regimen.
16. L’Oréal® Paris Hair Expertise EverPure Moisture Shampoo, $5.99
This shampoo is seriously the best I’ve ever had (best I eva had, best I eva had). It blows any expensive shampoo out of the water by FAR. Not only is it sulfate-free, but it’s ultra hydrating, great with dyed hair, and smells like rosemary. Get this tube and NEVER LOOK BACK.
17. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm, $7.59
Need a balm with a bit of tint? Here you go.
18. Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick, $6
Technically, you can’t buy this at a drugstore. You can only buy it online (for now). But if you’re a Kylie Lip Kit obsessive, Colourpop’s formula is literally almost EXACTLY the same. And it’s $20 cheaper.
19. The Collection Nails by Kiss (press on nails), $6.99
Press-on nails are NOT just for kids. These press-on nails mean very seriously business. And they’re glam as hell.
20. Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic, $15
This toner literally makes you glow. You must have it.
21. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow, $8.49
The pigmentation is beautiful, and this eyeshadow can also double as a highlighter.
22. Maybelline New York Dream Blender Foundation Blending Sponge, $4.72
Maybe it’s Maybelline, or MAYBE THIS IS GREATEST BLENDING SPONGE EVER?
23. Flower Sheer Up Lip Tint, $7.98
Drew Barrymore’s beauty line is wonderful, and so is this lip tint which comes in a few summer-y shades.
24. NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator, $7.59
Want to look dewy and fresh and like you just got back from a well-rested vacation? This here is your secret weapon.
25. NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer, $16.99
And if you want ramp up the dew, do THIS dew.
26. Hard Candy Plumping Gel Lipstick, $5
The ’90s brand that made your favorite ~edgy~ ’90s nail polish is back at Walmart and doing very, very good things. Like this ultra sleek, pretty lipstick you’ll want in your purse at all times.
27. e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyebrow Kit, $3
No, you do not need an expensive brow kit to get bold, natural-looking, Jennifer Connelly-worthy brows. You need this three dollar palette, because it is pure magic.