This bath bomb is the perfect combination of relaxation and black magic to get you ready for Halloween. Bath bombs are our favorite bath treats, while the month of October calls for all things dark and spooky. This DIY will transform your bath as black as your gothic soul.
The almond and lavender essential oils will set the dark aroma, while the black soap coloring will create the deep, dark effect when the bath bomb is dropped into water. Like with Halloween, your senses will be screaming oh my gourd when you see and feel the fizz coming from this DIY. Spook-tacular bath bombs are definitely our new fave this month.
Check out the video below to see how you can make this boo-tiful DIY black bath bomb.
DIY Black Bath Bomb
1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup citric acid
1/4 cup epsom salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 Tbsp. activated charcoal
3 tsp. almond oil
1/2 tsp. lavender essential oil
1 tsp. water
Black soap coloring or food coloring
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, epsom salt, and activated charcoal.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: almond oil, essential oil, water, and coloring.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while stirring. If too much water is added at once, the baking soda will begin to fizz.
4. If the mixture doesn’t reach the desired consistency (sticking together like wet sand), add more water using a spray bottle.
5. Scoop the mixture into the bath bomb molds and pack it down lightly.
6. Put each half of the bath bomb mold together and let harden overnight.
7. Carefully remove the bath bomb from the mold.