If there’s anyone qualified to dispense beauty advice, it’s the ever-fabulous Dita Von Teese. You’ll never see her with a hair out of place, a lipstick smudge, or anything less than an absolutely perfect complexion. She is the epitome of glamour and vintage style! The looks she can pull off are always a feast for the eyes.
So what better way to celebrate her birthday than to get some beauty tips from the Queen, herself?
Read this must-have advice from Dita’s book, Your Beauty Mark: The Ultimate Guide to Eccentric Glamour, so you can get a touch of that Dita glam yourself.
1. Exfoliate your lips before applying lip balm at night to avoid winter dryness.
Wake up with smooth lips, like Dita!
2. Drink a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning.
No puffy morning face here!
3. To avoid lips drying out, clean off your lipstick completely and reapply it every few hours.
This will help keep your pout nice and hydrated.
4. Play up one feature at a time.
No need to go overboard with a dark, smokey eye and red lips — pick one!
5. Apply fragrance where you want to be kissed!
Neck, collarbone, shoulders — you know what’s up.
6. Pay attention to undertones when choosing concealer. Don’t lighten, color correct.
Avoid the dreaded reverse racoon!
7. Lipliner is essential to getting a really vibrant red lip; line your entire lip for staying power!
Ah, so that’s how you get lipstick to stay on throughout eating an entire sandwich!
8. Use your face creams on your neck and chest.
Gotta keep the girls lookin’ good!
9. Confidence is just as important as the right shade of lipstick!
Hold your head up high and be proud of the space you take up in the world!
10. Set your hair with hot rollers instead of a curling iron.
Come on, could she be any cooler?
11. Embrace and enhance your individual gifts!
Flaunt what you got!
12. Find your signature style and keep working on it!
Style is ever-evolving, give yourself the space to grow within it!