Ariana Grande’s response to the Manchester Arena bombing is heartbreaking

On Monday night around 10:30 p.m., there were multiple explosions as an Ariana Grande concert ended at Manchester Center. Throughout the night, families tried to contact their loved ones at the show and police were able to identify the suicide bomber who died at the scene. But it wasn’t until early Tuesday morning that Ariana Grande responded to the Manchester Arena bombing, after taking it all in. The singer tweeted, “broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.”

It must be an awful feeling to know that her concert , which was a supposed to be a fun experience for fans, ended in tragedy. Authorities have confirmed that there are 22 people dead and almost 60 others injured. Among the casualties, over a dozen of them are children, as Grande’s music has a wide appeal to fans of all ages. The wording of her tweet makes it sound as if she feels somehow responsible, though that’s obviously totally not the case. Police are investigating the blasts as terrorism, and they have identified the bomber, who died on the scene, and arrested another 23-year-old man they believe might have been involved.

Grande has suspended the rest of her “Dangerous Woman” tour and won’t perform in London on Thursday night as previously scheduled. Aaron Spears, the drummer for the tour, posted on social media saying that it was “surreal” to hear the blasts on the way back to their dressing rooms.

"We finished the show and we were walking back to our dressing rooms and BOOM!!! We could hear people we had no idea what it was... There was all kinds of speculation as to what was going on...Like 5 minutes after getting to the room, security came in and informed us that we had to evacuate the building immediately."

He added that it wasn’t until then that they realized “it was serious.”

“Initially we thought that the sound was all kinds of things but it didn’t hit that this was a bomb until we were evacuated and they told us exactly what was going on,” he added.

Police are still investigating the explosions, so hopefully everyone will know more about what happened on Monday night and why.

Filed Under