18 #BlackFriday Tweets That Are Bringing Us Joy While We Shop From Home
Happy Black Friday to these Twitter users, and these Twitter users only.
As every promotional email you’ve received today has told you, this year, Black Friday looks different than in years past. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, many people are opting to stay safe and do their Black Friday shopping online rather than wait in line at the mall (good call). But even though the crowds are smaller, and perhaps less aggressive due to the current circumstances, Black Friday, the biggest consumer day of the year, is still very much so Black Friday and the stress of holiday shopping has begun to set in.
If you’re playing it safe and lounging in your pajamas all day after eating all the Thanksgiving food yesterday, we don’t blame you. With COVID-19 cases spiking across the United States, risking your health and the health of your loved ones to maybe get your hands on a PS5 isn’t really worth it, is it?
Twitter users are pointing out the absurdity of Black Friday both in the Dark Times (a.k.a. 2020) and in years prior, and what better way to spend your day of digestion than scrolling through and getting a good laugh out of people clamoring for 50%-off pajamas and clearance body lotion.
Here are 18 of our favorites.
1. Pour one out for our junk mail inbox.
2. Never forget Black Plague Friday 2020.
3. Honestly, they nailed it. Just add more stress to her facial expression, and boom. The future.
4. Hot Topic deserves love, too, you guys.
5. Now that you mention it…
7. Click on this tweet and check out the thread—#BlackFriday4BlackBusiness is a hashtag we can all get behind.
8. Seriously…somehow, some way…our email account just exploded.
9. Yeah, pretty much.
10. Black Friday is actually just Consumerism Day.
11. Mom life is going to ruin our wallets.
12. Silly beasts.
13. It’s just spam. It can’t hurt you. It’s just spam! It can’t hurt you! It’s just spam! It can’t hurt you!
14. Retails workers—we’re with you, we stand by you, we’re sending you good vibes.
15. Yes, however, how does one get their hands on the coveted PS5?
16. Dan Rather is correct, per usual.
17. Time to hit that unsubscribe button.
18. The best Black Friday Purchase Award goes to…
We hope you’re staying safe this Black Friday and that these tweets brought a little laughter into your day.