10 quotes we’re taking comfort in after the election
Needless to say, this has been one of the roughest weeks to be an American, (or you know, a person.) However in the face of everything we at HelloGiggles are trying our best to be positive, make some great content, and follow the love. That’s why we’ve come together and grabbed some of our favorite quotes from around the world that are inspiring us to come together and be good to one another. From Frida Kahlo to Albus Dumbledore, all these wonderful real and fictional people have got your back:
1. "I say I’m stronger than fear."
2. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that."
3. "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find the people who are helping.
4. This awesome letter from Parks and Recreation character Leslie Knope.
5. "Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing."
6. "The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference."
7. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."
— Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
8. "You need the dark in order to show the light."
— Bob Ross from The Joy of Painting
9. "Figure out what you need to do to be the heroine of your own story."
10. "It's easier to be brave when you're not alone."
We hope these quotes help you feel the love as much as they did for us!