Recently there was an great article floating around that brought up the question, “Which American Girl Are You?” I personally never even knew about American Girl until they opened up an enormous store nearby. They have a great café FYI.
I can’t relate to American Girl, but I definitely will always connect to the book series The Babysitters Club. These books encouraged me to read more than I regulardly would have as a kid. The Baby-sitters Club is a series of children’s books written by Ann M. Martin from the late 80’s to early 2000’s. These middle school students lived in the fictional town of Stoneybrook, Connecticut, and were straight up entrepreneurs. These girls hustled and had the whole town talking about them. Parents confidently left their kids with them, and that is a huge deal.
If you remember the series you remember relating to a particular girl more than others. I obviously was Kristy Thomas (PRESIDENT). Kristy was the bossiest and always wore sneakers; she was always just killing it with her great ideas. SHE INVENTED THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB, guys. She was a genius.
Now we can’t all be Kristies, meaning we can’t all be tomboys. Some of us relate more to the other girls:
- Claudia Kishi: VP, Asian American, dressed funky, HAD HER OWN PRIVATE PHONE LINE
- Mary Anne Spier: Secretary, loved her pigtails and her nice boyfriend Logan
- Stacy McGill: Treasurer, from New York, loved fashion
- Dawn Schafer: Alternate Officer, California girl, really into the environment, very progressive for those times I must say
- Mallory Pike: Junior member, red hair, had 7 younger brothers and sisters, that’s so many kids right?
What do you think? Which one of the babysitters best reflects a part of you?