I’m not usually a girly girl, but Valentine’s Day is the one time a year I go pink (or red or cream)! Whether going on a date, hanging with girlfriends or catching a movie, I say, get down with Cupid. Yes, Valentine’s Day is a totally cliche holiday, fully endorsed by the flower and chocolate industry but hey, if you can’t beat ‘em…join ‘em! If you choose go pink this V’Day, below are some pieces to get you through and some tips on how to wear them.
- Backstage dress at Planet Blue $145
- JCrew Blythe silk blouse $98
- Blue Life chiffon dress at Planet Blue $60
- ASOS dress with textured knit $90
- ASOS skinny jeans $62
- ASOS mini dress with rose applique $98
These are just inspirational pieces. Shop the look or pull something from your closet that’s similar.
- When wearing pink or rose, stay away from black heels instead try nude, rose or dark brown.
- Try mixing red and pink. They actually DO go great together! But make one color your main item and one an accessory. (Like the pink jeans pictured with the red heels)
- Don’t get pink crazy. Stick with ONE pink item at a time (i.e. a dress, a pair or jeans or a top). Wearing a pink top with pink jeans is overkill. Same goes for red.
Have a wonderful VALENTINE’S DAY!
Featured photo via Planet Blue