Hi Grasie…Next month I will be traveling with my boyfriend up to New Hampshire for a long weekend on a lake. Sounds nice and relaxing, right? Well, here’s the kicker, we’ll be spending it with his mom and dad and a couple aunts and uncles (none of whom I have met yet). I don’t normally tank with parents, but I’ve never been on a mini vacation with them. I guess I want to look respectable and presentable, without looking like I’m trying too hard to impress them. Any tips on some easy but put-together looks for the lake with parents? I will definitely be trying the high-waisted pants and tank look from the “to tuck or not to tuck” video for the plane ride up there. Thanks!
Hi Brittany! I feel your pain, girl. I have totally been there! I’m pretty sure we all have, right ladies?! Stressing out about what I’m going to wear to make a good impression, without looking like I’m trying to impress. It’s a hard feat that can drive even the most stylish lady crazy. What I learned through trials and tribulations (Meet The Parents, Job Interviews, Auditions etc), is that what’s most important is you being YOU. Wear what you feel great in so that you are comfortable being your fabulous self – the hot chica your man fell for in the first place. Anything less will be apparent. Parents (especially moms) can sniff that out from a mile away! With that said, here are some looks I love that are comfortable, family appropriate and perfect for the lake.
1. One piece swimsuits are big this Summer so might as well go with the trend and cover up a little.
- Jungle Gurl Laila Halter Swimsuit at Karmaloop $56 On Sale
- DKNY Ruched One Piece at Victoria’s Secret $72 On Sale
- Whistles Love Print Swimsuit at Asos $120
2. Go for flowy dresses that flatter instead of anything too tight.
3. JCrew all the way! Look to this iconic brand for inspiration. Nothing screams weekend at the lake more than JCrew (in a good way!).
- All Inspiration Looks From JCREW
Happy Shopping and Have a great weekend with the family!