So over the weekend, I went to my grandparents’ house, who live far away enough that we had to take a plane to see them. Oh, the journey I had!
I really love my grandparents. I don’t see them very often and when I do, it’s like I never left. I call my grandmother “Safta” and my grandfather “Saba”. My Safta has a lot of energy, even more than my Mom, and my Saba likes to chillax. So I spent a lot of time going on adventures with my Safta and playing dominoes with my Saba and sharing my music with him. My Saba definitely is not into the same music I’m into.
Here are some of my Grandma’s theories and also, things she said to me:
1. If you kiss a boy, you will blow up.
2. If it’s not burnt, it’s not food.
3. It’s not sleeping if no one is snoring.
4. “Taylor Swift? Is that a boy? The boy from Twilight?”
5. “OH MY LORD, YOU DID NOT BRING ONLY LEGGINGS TO WEAR. NO. JUST NO.”
And these are some of the things I learned from my Grandpa:
1. If you lie in a game, it’s not a real game.
2. My Grandpa knows to the words to every single song they made in the olden days.
3. “INTERNET? WHAT IS THAT?”
4. Your dog looks like an alien.
5. My Grandpa’s favorite kind of movie is in black and white and actually, they’re not that bad. (Check out The Women. That’s an awesome black and white movie.)
Sigh. I miss them already.