Over the past few months, I’ve had several requests for a vegan whipped cream alternative. I know coconut whip cream isn’t new to many of you, but this is still my favorite recipe. It’s incredibly simple to make and the taste is delicious. It does have a slight hint of coconut, but it’s really not overpowering and the texture is amazing.
Vegan Whipped Cream
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk fat (from 2 13.5-oz. cans of unsweetened, full fat, coconut milk)
- 2 to 4 tbsp finely ground sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- Place a metal mixing bowl into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Once the mixing bowl is cold, add the coconut milk fat into the bowl.
Refrigerate 2 (unshaken) cans of full fat coconut milk overnight. Remove from the refrigerator and flip the cans upside down. Reserve or discard the liquid on top (you will not need this) and scoop out the thickened coconut fat from each can.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the coconut fat on high until it’s nice and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla and beat well until combined.
For more vegan desserts, try my:
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!