Thanksgiving is finally here, the official start to Holiday cheer. It’s time for family, food, fun and festivities (in no particular order).
I wanted to squeeze in one more EASY pumpkin post before the holiday, Vegan Pumpkin Dip or Topping. This light and creamy dip takes only minutes to make and is perfect with fruit, cookies or dolloped onto your favorite cheesecake or ice cream. In fact, this really is so delicious, it makes the perfect dessert all by itself. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon and sugar, grab a spoon and dig in!
Vegan Pumpkin Dip or Topping
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Makes: about 3 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained
- 1 12-oz. package of firm tofu
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, (fresh or canned)
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tsp maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- Place the cashews, tofu, and pumpkin into a food processor or blender. Blend well.
- Add in the lemon juice, maple syrup, water, vinegar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
note: keep refrigerated and enjoy within one week
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!