First up, Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cheese. This easy-to-make recipe tastes just like it sounds. Yummy. Cashews, blended with pumpkin, lemon and a kiss of sweetness… DELICIOUS!
Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cheese
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, more or less to taste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- Place cashews and pumpkin into a blender or food processor. Blend well.
- Add in coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Process until very creamy and smooth.
- Refrigerate and enjoy within one week.
Note: if the cream cheese is too thick, add 1 tsp of water at a time, until you reach your desired consistency
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!