When I go out to eat, there is often one item on the menu that I “wish” I could have. Artichoke dip.
Faced with a chilly October weekend, I decided to stay indoors and create my own Vegan Artichoke Dip. Wanting to make something quick and easy, I decided to use canned artichokes (plus I love their briny taste). After playing around with different variations, I finally decided the combination of a tangy sour cream, made the perfect compliment to the buttery artichoke.
Keeping with the theme (quick and easy), I decided to bake this two ways: 1) the microwave, for those desiring instant gratification or 2) the oven, for those desiring a browned and bubbly top.
Vegan Artichoke Dip
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 10 minutes (30 minutes if baking)
Makes: about 2 cups
- 2 14-oz. cans of Artichoke Hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Laura Friendly Vegan Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shredded cheese
- In a food processor, combine artichoke hearts, sour cream and lemon juice. Blend as much, or little, as you prefer.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in shredded cheese.
- If microwaving: transfer to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir after each minute, until the dip is warm and cheese has melted.
- If baking: preheat oven to 375º F. Transfer dip into an oven-safe baking dish, that has been lightly coated with oil. Bake in the center of the pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and bubbly.
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!