Today is March 20th, 2012.
Do you know what’s coming up in three days? Do you?!
The Hunger Games.
I thank God and Suzanne Collins every day that these books came into my life because this year is the first in ten that there will not be a new Harry Potter book or film released. Doesn’t that just make you want to sob? My heaaaaaaaart. Let’s not go there.
I am so excited! I have my midnight showing tickets. Because, yes, I am one of those people that go to midnight premieres dressed up and come out of the theater weeping. You have to get ready for THG. Events like this require preparation. It’s going to be a fantastic time because, from the looks of the trailer, it’s going to be a good representation of the books (fingers crossed that they don’t f-…mess it up).
The books are pretty heartbreaking. So no, I’m not going to write about what the world would be like if THG were real. A lot of people would die, and that’s sad. Before I go on, though, let’s all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that Katniss is a badass who doesn’t get the recognition she deserves. Since I don’t want to get you all down before the big day, instead I’m gonna talk about the fashion of the Capitol:
1. It would be so much fun. Don’t you want to wear an over-sized flower on your head, sparkly jewels and a pink wig? I do.
2. Granted, getting ready every day would be so much more time consuming. Which means, I would have to get up a lot earlier… I don’t think I would like that. But I might, because I love to get dressed up.
3. Since I love cosmetics, the explosion of amazing products that would result from Capitol type make-up makes me want to faint. It’s not like there’s not an insane amount of products available as it is, but can you imagine the crazy colors? I die.
4. The clothes. Oh my god, the clothes. You know on Project Runway when they have to create an avant garde look? That’s what I imagine we would all be dressed in, except in bright colors, aka we would look spectacular. Uncomfortable, but spectacular.
5. As excited as I am to be decked out in Capitol style, I don’t think I’d be okay with all the horrifying cosmetic procedures that are described in the book. I am not down with dying my skin pea-green or making myself look like a cat. I want to look human, please and thank you.
However, I am down with a world in which it is okay to wear neon pink lipstick to go pick up tampons at the your local convenience store. So…are you guys as excited as I am?! From this article, I’m pretty sure you can tell that I’m pretty excited (fangirls, FTW).
Next year, we have the Catching Fire movie. Speaking of which, I’m just wondering, mostly because I’m dying to know who they (the all-powerful Hollywood Gods) are going to end up casting, who do you guys want to play Finnick? You know what I’m talking about.