It’s only a matter of days before we hit the midnight showings of The Hunger Games. We’ve read all the books; some of us have read them multiple times. The excitement has been built up since the movie was announced and rightfully so. We came up with dream casts until the actual cast was announced. The movie trailer made us cry. Scouring the Internet for new images or clips of the movie has become a daily routine.
You want more, though. I know I do. Here’s a list of things you can do to get ready for the movie release on Friday, March 23rd.
- Write Katniss & Peeta fanfic. Do you think Suzanne Collins got it wrong? Do you wish a scene was extended? Did you want Katniss and Cato to have a special moment? Here’s your chance to get it all right. Ship those characters to your heart’s content.
- Watch Hunger Games trailer reaction videos. Do you wish you recorded your first viewing of the trailer? No? Well, hundreds of teenagers and adults (me) have done it. My video may have been done after watching the trailer a few times. I call this ‘acting’.
- Treat yourself to a fresh mani/pedi with The Hunger Games nail polish.
- Start (or continue) using Hunger Games language in your every day conversation. If someone asks for a volunteer at school or work jump up fast and say, “I volunteer as tribute!” May the odd be ever in your favor doing this though.
- Braid your hair like Katniss. Who doesn’t love a post-apocalyptic society braid?
- Create your own #teamgale #teampeeta t-shirts and wear them every day until the premiere. I would probably wash it in between wearings though.
- Start asking yourself, “What Would Peeta Do?” WWPD? If that doesn’t work just bake pita bread
- Set up a filter/auto-responder on twitter for anytime someone mentions #TheHungerGames tag. This may be the scariest thing I wrote on this list that I tried.
- Go see Journey 2 as Josh Hutcherson pre-gaming.
- Get some friends together and play The Hunger Games role playing game. This one is safe and I don’t believe you need to kill your friends.
- Create a YouTube videos with screencaps from the trailer with your favorite song.
- Eat squirrel meat so you have more in common with Katniss. Be sure to get it from a reputable tree.
- Register as a citizen of Panem and when you don’t get District 12, lie to everyone so you can be in the same District as the main characters. Get someone to Photoshop you an ID to back that lie up.
- Whistle to birds in trees to see if they’ll repeat that tune back to you.
What are you doing to get ready for The Hunger Games movie?
Image via The Hunger Game Movie