I recently stumbled across this new thing called “being orderly.” This involves putting things back where they came from and setting aside an hour each day completely devoted to cleaning or any other miscellaneous Responsible Activity. With all of this newfound maturity percolating through my system, I’ve had to let go of some of my favorite past times such as:
- Keeping a wallet inside my purse, but never putting money or cards inside the wallet. This is a pretty nifty move if you want to carry extra weight and take up extra space without doing anything useful at all.
- Not knowing where my license is. This is a big bummer, because some of my best memories involve my friends going to bars and me weeping gently at home onto my laptop.
- Not being able to find my tweezers when I need them most. Just kidding. I don’t care how orderly I am, I will never be able to find a set of tweezers when necessary. I own 4, and I can never find a single one when I come across an errant hair that demands to be plucked before society notices and shuns me forever for daring to be a mammal.
- I once fell asleep with a lampshade on my bed. I have no explanation. This behavior needs to stop.
- Being so lazy about doing laundry that I instead just buy tomorrow’s outfit. This habit has died down considerably since I quit working at a mall 2 years ago, but it still occasionally rears it’s credit-ruining head.
Au revoir, not being able to find my deodorant. Adios, being late to work because I didn’t think to look in my shoe for my car keys. Ciao, sleeping with my contacts in for a week straight because I keep forgetting to go to CVS to buy more contact solution.
There’s a new Caragh here.
A Caragh who has bookshelves in lieu of her usual dilapidated cardboard boxes.
A Caragh who puts her clean clothes into the dresser instead of simply leaving them on top of the dresser.
A Caragh who has clean clothes.
I would be more confident about my new manifesto if my boss didn’t point out that I was wearing one grey sock and one Scooby Doo sock to work today.
Caragh Poh is a 23 year old living in Massachusetts. She enjoys falling asleep to soothing documentaries about serial killers or unusual sexual fetishes. She doesn’t have a rock collection, focusing instead on collecting a running list of Things That Shouldn’t Give Her Anxiety, But Do. Though Caragh is in the midst of receiving her degree in English, she is currently in the process of switching her major over to Kardashian with a concentration in Khloe. You can find her blog at whydoihaveablog.net if that’s the sort of thing you’re into finding.