So, I’m turning 11 next week (Mom, don’t forget, my birthday is August 30) and I’ve been obsessing about it all summer. Here are some things that I’ve been thinking about.
1. Oh no. I’m getting older. HERE COMES CRANKY RUBY.
2. Yay, a new school year, I’m going to be in sixth grade. I’M PUMPED!
3. In two years, I can be on Facebook. FINALLY.
4. Maybe this is the year I become taller than my mom, which means I can finally raid her closet.
5. NOOOOO! I CAN’T ORDER OFF THE KIDS MENU ANY MORE! Darn!
6. I bet when I am 11, I will be able to beat my sleeping-for-more-than-11- hours record.
7. Wow. That year when I was 10? That went by FAST.
8. DID SOMEONE SAY GROWING PAINS? GRRRRRRR.
9. As of today, I still have 3 more days as a 10-year-old!!!! I better live it up! Whoop-whoop!
10. I’m totally hoping I can get my bedtime extended another half-hour.
11. Dude, I’m going to be 11. That’s friggin’ cool.