I’m about to make the argument that Tom Hiddleston is the hottest actor in The Avengers.
Before you immediately rush to the comments section to shoot me down, please read my entire case.
- Tom Hiddleston is an incredibly stylish man. In sartorial terms, he’s been keeping it on lock down for the entire Avengers press tour. Have you seen the man in a suit? He’s so dapper I might have to be hospitalized for constantly swooning. (That’s a medical condition, right? I mean, my heart rate is elevated.) There’s also a number of photos circulating on the web of Mr. Hiddleston in a vest with his dress shirt sleeves rolled up. I’m not sure what task inspired him to roll up his sleeves, but he’s doing a really good job at getting my full and undivided attention.
- He’s an incredibly talented actor. Every girl has a quality that they look for in a man. For men, that’s pure and unadulterated talent. I love to see a guy have a job that he not only loves to do, but that he’s really good at. Have you seen Tom Hiddleston in Midnight in Paris? Have you seen Tom Hiddleson in Deep Blue Sea? Have you seen Tom Hiddleston breathe? He’s very talented at acting and at breathing. I’m just saying he’s generally great.
- Then, of course is the fact that he’s playing the villain. I love villains. Not in real life, of course. In real life I get really nervous about the tiniest of verbal confrontations, so evil isn’t really my thing. However, I adore a good villain in films, television or literature. They’re dark, they’re dashing, they cackle and they know how to rock a cape.* Guys, Loki is an amazing villain. He’s got dark hair, a dashing gait, a gleeful cackle and a gorgeous cape.
- He can do magic. Well, Loki can do magic. Still…he can do magic! I enjoy magic greatly. Have I ever mentioned that I own a wand? Well, I do. I haven’t gotten it to work yet, but that’s because I can’t do magic. This is all beside the point. The point is Loki can do magic and Tom Hiddleston is Loki. These are all positives in my opinion.
- He’s tall. Did I mention he’s tall? I mean, he’s an Asgardian for crying out loud. As he himself joked, “Ain’t no short a$$ gods around here.” I like tall. Do you like tall men? I mean, I know it’s a matter of taste, but I like tall.
- Tom Hiddleston also has a great sense of humor. He’s always cracking jokes and doing impressions and dancing like an idiot. I feel very strongly that if you jokingly called him “Hiddlywinks”, he wouldn’t mind it. He’d probably just giggle loudly. At least, I hope that’s what he’d do because that’s what I’ve been calling him in my head for the past six months. I would hate to think that a famous actor whom I have no chance of ever meeting would be offended by an imaginary nickname I’ve given him, but I strongly suspect that Hiddlywinks would be alright with it.
- It’s been really, incredibly, wildly difficult to write this piece because Tom Hiddleston is so charming. What I mean is that as I’ve been researching this piece, I keep falling down a Hiddlywinks hole. I just want to find more photos of him looking stylish, more videos of him joking around, more gifs of him laughing. See? That wasn’t even a properly constructed sentence. I can’t think because I’ve literally spent the last two minutes staring at a gif of him laughing that my friend sent because I “needed to see the weird thing he does with his tongue.”
*I feel strongly that capes should be socially acceptable. Scepters should also be okay.
Photos via “Featureflash / Shutterstock.com” and “s_bukley / Shutterstock.com”