Well, it’s the most wonderful time of year again… the time of year when all the streets are a flutter with good cheer and merriment, and… oh, so much merriment. That’s right, pals, you guessed it: it is BESTIE DAY!!!
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “What? Bestie Day has come around already? Where can I find a brand new picture of a baby ‘OG goth’ Panda? How am I going to reserve that private room in the American Girl store (I wonder if my Samantha doll has an in with the hostess)?, Do I really have to give (my bestie) my lucky lotto numbers AGAIN?”
Well folks, you’re in luck, because I have a brand new list of weird suggestions for how to use this day to appreciate your beloved bestie!
1. MAKE HER FEEL GLAMOROUS: You know what I mean. That’s right: CHANGE HER WIKIPEDIA PAGE. I don’t mean drastically, just subtly and in a positive way. Like, mention that she dated Johnny Depp or that she’s fluent in Portugese or that she was born in Vienna. It doesn’t have to be real, it just has to be awesome.
2. POST PRETTY PICTURES: Post a picture of a Reality Bites-era Winona Ryder, or Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface and tag it on Facebook as your bestie. She will feel SO happy when she gets compliments on her doily dress and her cute new boyfriend played by Ethan Hawke, or her cool blond bangs and relationship with acting legend Al Pacino.
3. LET HER KNOW YOU CARE: Make her initials in pancakes. Yum. Who doesn’t love personalized pancakes? Delicious and dedicated. These don’t travel well, so you will probably want to invite your bestie over to yours, or better yet, bring the batter to her house and surprise her in the early a.m.!
4. GET YOUR HUG ON: Put on your favorite jam(z) and give your bestie a big hug. Or, if she’s weird about that stuff, give her a really super aggressive high five. Nothing says love and friendship like slapping palms so hard it stings.
5. LET HER PICK OUT YOUR OUTFIT: Warning: If your bestie ever tried to kill small animals growing up, I suggest you skip this one. However, if you feel certain that your bestie would score below a 25 on the sociopath test, then I feel it’s safe to tell her, “The sky’s the limit! Dress me as you will!” Remember, polite society requires that you do wear clothes in public, so be prepared to have a few perameters just so you can avoid being arrested. Nothing ruins Bestie Day like a trip to prison. Wah wah.
I hope you all have the merriest, most festive and best Bestie Day yet. And if you really want to show your bestie you care, you can also send her a totally awesome e-card made especially for HelloGiggles by American Greetings! This is helpful particularly if you have a long distance bestie, but really any bestie would love it!