You can’t always control who your boyfriend checks out on Facebook, what cute girl he will see at the gym or what awkward things he will say the first time he meets the parents.
As women, it’s encoded in our DNA to desire a certain level of control. Even the free-spirited, no hate/all love Yogi goddess occasionally grinds her teeth at the LA traffic or wrap-around line at Whole Foods. As for the Type-As, these are the women who fight the urge not to jump behind the counter at Starbucks to make sure that the barista withholds the foam from her “extra hot, extra shot, soy, no foam latte.”
But every so often things fall into place and our innately high-strung hearts can breathe a sigh of relief. I’ve made it my goal not to sweat the small stuff, and to turn my focus on what I can control, like… my hair! Any Southern Belle will attest to the fact that no good day starts with a bad hair day. So, in the wise words of Tony Montana, “Say hello to my little friend”… HAIRSPRAY!
Here are some of my top picks:
- Sebastion’s Re-Shaper Hairspray: brushable and humidity resistant
- L’Oréal Elnett Satin: Firm hold without the crunch
- Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray: Packed with vitamins
- Rene Furterer Vegetal Finishing Spray: Light hold to keep your blowout in place!
- Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray: Fresh smell/medium hold
- Redken Fashion Work 12: Prevents frizz, adds texture
- Paul Mitchell Worked up Working Spray: Adds shine and volume
- L’Oreal Paris EverStyle Strong Hold Styling Spray: Non-sticky, all day hold
What is your favorite hairspray?! As always, I love hearing your thoughts and comments!