If you’ve been following Laura Friendly for awhile, I’m sure you know that I LOVE roasted garlic. I use it in about everything because it adds a rich, buttery, sweet flavor. So, it only seemed appropriate that I make a Roasted Garlic Sauce. Both gluten-free and dairy-free, this makes a wonderful dip or the perfect accompaniment to your main course — add a big dollop to fresh pasta, vegetables, tofu or meat.
I use between 4 to 6 heads of garlic (depending on the size of the garlic) to create a deep, rich flavor. If you think this might be a little intense you can cut down the amount of garlic. Start with 2 to 3 heads of garlic and add more as needed. If you feel you’ve added a bit too much garlic (for your taste), add more garbanzo beans and oil to mellow out the sauce.
Roasted Garlic Sauce
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 5 minutes (not including roasting time)
Makes: about 1-1/2 cups
- 4 to 6 heads roasted garlic, skins removed
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender combine roasted garlic and garbanzo beans. Slowly blend into a paste.
- Add in lemon juice, red pepper flakes and a little salt & pepper. Blend well.
- With the blender on low, slowly add oil, in a steady stream. Blend well.
- Season with more salt & pepper to taste.
Other Laura Friendly Gluten & Dairy-free Delights:
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!