I originally stumbled across this recipe while making an asparagus and cauliflower gratin. I was chopping the asparagus and popped one of the raw pieces in to my mouth. I was surprised at how good it tasted and I immediately started searching my refrigerator for other ingredients that would mesh well. I added some mushrooms and a salty Pecorino. In an instant, this salad became one of my favorite dishes. I love that this salad requires no cooking and it’s so crunchy and flavorful. Usually, you would blanch the asparagus for a minute, dunk them in to a cold bath and then serve them. Here, we are skipping all these steps and enjoying them in their raw and natural state.
What you need:
- Button Cap Mushrooms
- Pecorino or Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Truffle Oil (I LOVE this part, but if you don’t have it or don’t like it…skip it!)
1. Wash the veggies really well and dry them.
2. Chop asparagus in to tiny pieces, and quarter the mushrooms
3. Drizzle with olive and truffle oil and a big squeeze of lemon. Shower with seas salt and pepper.
xo, Haylie from Real Girl’s Kitchen