On May 15th, HBO released the documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest, and eight days later, we are still talking about it. That’s the kind of story it is — one you won’t forget, one that will leave you with a need to process. That processing just so happens to be taking us over a week, during which time we’ve examined Dee Dee and Gypsy Rose Blancharde’s narrative from all angles, and all emotions.
One thing you may not know — even if you watched Mommy Dead and Dearest — is that Dee Dee and Gypsy’s joint Facebook page is still active.
But it is now a memorial page, leaving us several questions. Who manages this page? Why is it still up? At the very least, shouldn’t Gypsy’s graphic posts, which followed Dee Dee’s murder, be taken down?
Though we may never have answers to these questions, we will share with you six posts that can still be found here.
1. The shocking Facebook status that prompted friends to call the police, later revealed to have been crafted by Gypsy.
2. Similarly, the comment on that same status, also revealed to be the work of Gypsy.
3. Gypsy, dressed up for one of the mother-daughter pair’s many theme park visits.
4. This profile picture referring to HPN (Home Parenteral Nutrition.)
This is one of the many unnecessary medical treatments Dee Dee forced Gypsy to experience. HPN is used so food can be consumed by a patient intravenously when that patient is not able to consume food normally.
5. More dress-up.
6. Gypsy in a wheelchair, attending a cosplay event.
If you haven’t yet watched the documentary, you can do so on HBO.