- Slang from Hardboiled Crime Novels We Need to Bring BackTyler Vendetti
The wave of crime fiction that emerged during the 1930s and 40s introduced a new kind of protagonist: the hardboiled private eye….
- The Origin of Humblebrag (And Other New Dictionary Words)Tyler Vendetti
According to reports this week, the Oxford English Dictionary has added a handful of “hip” new words to their official collection, including humblebrag,…
- 10 Words That Are Guaranteed To Boost Your Scrabble ScoreTyler Vendetti
When given the choice of swaying back and forth at a dank nightclub (I say “swaying” because that’s the closest to dancing…
get the newsletter:
- Everyone should stop and read Jennifer Lawrence's powerful response to her stolen photos
- The harmful body image "compliment" we need to stop giving
- Not OK: School Compares Girls to ‘Prostitutes' For Wearing Jeggings
- Welcome to our new site!
- 6 insincere dating gestures that need to go
- I didn't actually wake up like this (and other Instagram confessions)
- Subway ad's creepy message to women: Lose weight for Halloween