- Just some normal words that are insanely hard to spellTyler Vendetti
In first grade, I made second place in an impromptu classroom spelling bee thanks to the word “thorough” which is suspiciously similar…
- Slang from Hardboiled Crime Novels We Need to Bring BackTyler Vendetti
The wave of crime fiction that emerged during the 1930s and 40s introduced a new kind of protagonist: the hardboiled private eye….
- The Origin of Humblebrag (And Other New Dictionary Words)Tyler Vendetti
According to reports this week, the Oxford English Dictionary has added a handful of “hip” new words to their official collection, including humblebrag,…
get the newsletter:
- Everyone should stop and read Jennifer Lawrence's powerful response to her stolen photos
- The harmful body image "compliment" we need to stop giving
- Not OK: School Compares Girls to ‘Prostitutes' For Wearing Jeggings
- 6 insincere dating gestures that need to go
- Welcome to our new site!
- The least desirable candy to get on Halloween, ranked
- Charlie vs Swayze: Watch this kid bust a move to the movie ‘Dirty Dancing'