- 5 better alternatives to ‘vape'—Oxford Dictionary's 2014 word of the yearTyler Vendetti
On Tuesday, Oxford Dictionary announced their choice for the 2014 word of the year and their answer rightfully incited anger among Internet…
- Icelandic words we totally need to add to the English languageTyler Vendetti
Icelandic is one of those languages that TV producers pull out when they want to put their protagonist in a hopelessly confusing…
- Just some normal words that are insanely hard to spellTyler Vendetti
In first grade, I made second place in an impromptu classroom spelling bee thanks to the word “thorough” which is suspiciously similar…
- Slang from Hardboiled Crime Novels We Need to Bring BackTyler Vendetti
The wave of crime fiction that emerged during the 1930s and 40s introduced a new kind of protagonist: the hardboiled private eye….
get the newsletter:
- Dear Ryan Gosling
- This is what Disney princesses would look like with realistic waists
- 22 signs you're a highly sensitive person (and that's OK!)
- The 40 books every woman should read
- What happened to the new ‘Cinderella’'s waist?
- These celebrities are really hard to recognize by their SNL portraits
- Should we really be all that excited for the ’50 Shades of Grey’ movie?