For those of us who can’t afford real therapy, Netflix Instant movies are a decent and affordable temporary substitute.
I can’t think of a better way to end a crappy day than by sitting on the couch and stuffing my face with milk & cookies (low-fat cookies of course) and a cinematic masterpiece. Okay, maybe not a “masterpiece” but definitely a movie worth watching.
Tonight, I’ll be watching Same Time, Next Year (1978) starring Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn and here is why you should be watching too:
- It’s about cheating and how therapeutic it can be to have a booty call once a year.
- Ellen Burstyn’s wardrobe is crazy; she goes from dressing like a 1950’s housewife to a full blown hippie.
- Alan Alda is kind of a nerd and nerds are way in right now.
- It won a bunch of awards so that means its good, right?
- You can put on your dating profile that you “love old movies” and mean it.
When you search for an instant movie to watch, you can often get distracted by all the algorithmic suggestions about what you’re going to LOVE just because you watched the whole season of My So-Called Life in one day. Let this movie throw a little kink into the formula and you may even start getting suggestions for some gems you haven’t yet heard about.
Myrna is a self-proclaimed movie lover, music worshipper and slacker extraordinaire.
She can often be found on her couch watching movies, in local movie theaters or catching a concert in the Los Angeles area. You can follow Myrna on Twitter here and on Tumblr here.
Featured Image by Miss Foxtrot
Photo via GazillionMovies.com