This is beauty. Please take a moment to watch this video about my new personal hero, Harnaam Kaur:MEET the 23-year-old girl who’s growing a beard — and says she feels more feminine than ever. Harnaam Kaur, suffers with polycystic ovary syndrome, which causes excessive hair growth. She was just 11 years old when it started appearing and she spent her teenage years desperately trying to remove it by waxing TWICE a week and covering her body in baggy clothes. Harnaam became so self conscious she refused to leave her house, she began self harming and even considered taking her own life. But, at the age of 16, she finally found the courage to accept her facial hair after being baptised as a Sikh. The religion dictates that the body should be left in its natural state and body hair must be left to grow. Today, seven years on, she says she is more body confident than ever before and hopes her story will help other women in her situation.
- Candace GangerHow my daughter's body acceptance taught me to accept mine, too
- HG Film & TV These Pizza Nachos are all we want to eat forever and ever
- Vrinda JagotaYouTuber Marina Joyce finally speaks out, addresses those abuse rumors
- Chrissa HardyYou need to watch this woman put on an entire face of makeup with just liquid lipstick
- Karen Belz15 times Twitter had strong (and super funny) feelings during Obama's DNC speech