This is beauty. Please take a moment to watch this video about my new personal hero, Harnaam Kaur:MEET the 23-year-old girl who’s growing a beard — and says she feels more feminine than ever. Harnaam Kaur, suffers with polycystic ovary syndrome, which causes excessive hair growth. She was just 11 years old when it started appearing and she spent her teenage years desperately trying to remove it by waxing TWICE a week and covering her body in baggy clothes. Harnaam became so self conscious she refused to leave her house, she began self harming and even considered taking her own life. But, at the age of 16, she finally found the courage to accept her facial hair after being baptised as a Sikh. The religion dictates that the body should be left in its natural state and body hair must be left to grow. Today, seven years on, she says she is more body confident than ever before and hopes her story will help other women in her situation.
- Brianne HoganThe top 5 reasons why we're devastated to see "The Good Wife" go
- Gina FlorioYour friends can see ALL the photos you've liked on Facebook — whether you like it or not
- Caitlin FlynnI have anxiety disorder — here's how it affects my daily life
- Jill LaytonThis Snapchat love story is making the internet melt
- Crystal Ro13 times Hilary Duff was so relatable she was basically you