This is beauty. Please take a moment to watch this video about my new personal hero, Harnaam Kaur:MEET the 23-year-old girl who’s growing a beard — and says she feels more feminine than ever. Harnaam Kaur, suffers with polycystic ovary syndrome, which causes excessive hair growth. She was just 11 years old when it started appearing and she spent her teenage years desperately trying to remove it by waxing TWICE a week and covering her body in baggy clothes. Harnaam became so self conscious she refused to leave her house, she began self harming and even considered taking her own life. But, at the age of 16, she finally found the courage to accept her facial hair after being baptised as a Sikh. The religion dictates that the body should be left in its natural state and body hair must be left to grow. Today, seven years on, she says she is more body confident than ever before and hopes her story will help other women in her situation.
- Becca CastilloWhy I want Taylor Swift to be President
- P. Claire DodsonSome genius re-imagined ‘Game of Thrones' characters to look like ‘Bob's Burgers'
- Elena SheppardFall movie releases that we have marked on our calendars. All 37 of them.
- Marie LodiShow some cat lady love with this coffee mug
- Teri WilsonExperience all the feels of kindergarten all over again with this video