Ever since I was young, I’ve always loved snow globes. I pretty much love everything tiny (tiny rabbits, tiny knitted bows, tiny pizzas, etc.) and tiny things inside a bubble that you can fill with glitter and snow have got to be top of my list.
These snow globes are so easy and so much fun to make and make the perfect present or mantelpiece topper. The funnest part is picking what goes inside; of course you can go with traditional Christmassy ornaments, but I wanted to make mine a bit more personal. I made one with Harry Potter Lego figures, which my little brothers (and me) loved! I’ve had to photograph them all before they went in the jars as the glass made them very hard to take pictures of.
I also made a special Dr Who one with a Doctor action figure. If Dr Who’s not your fave, then you could use any kind of action figure. Or maybe even a small Barbie.
And then finally, to profess my love for make up, I made this one with a used lipstick, nail polish and mascara.
To make these you will need:
- A glue gun.
- An empty glass jar and lid.
- Some glycerin.
- Some water.
- Some glitter.
- A snow globe filler of your choice ( see below for some of my ideas)
- Using your glue gun, glue your snow globe fillers to the inside of the lid of your jar. Make sure you do not glue them too close to the edge or the jar won’t close and use plenty of glue!
- Fill your jar up to the top with water.
- Add a teaspoon of glycerin and swirl it around, this will make the glitter swirl around and fall slowly.
- Add a teaspoon of glitter to the water.
- Screw the lid back onto the jar and then turn upside down.
- Give your jar a good shake and watch the glitter swirl around your beautiful new snow globe!
I hope you have as much fun as I did making these and if you have any questions just leave them in the comments. MERRY CHRISTMAS!