See your bath water through rose-colored glasses with this DIY bath bomb! With its adorable shape and floral fragrances that will make you feel like you’re relaxing in a serene garden, it seems like it was plucked straight from a rose bush.
Scented with almond and essential oils, your skin will feel clean, moisturized, and totally refreshed. These are super simple and fun to make with easy-to-find ingredients. Fill up the tub, unwind, and watch this rosy bath bomb fizz and bubble while you take a well-deserved break.
DIY Rose Bath Bombs
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup epsom salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 1/2 tbsp. almond oil
3/4 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. essential oil (rose, geranium, and/or vanilla)
Soap dye or food coloring (optional)
Gold luster dust (optional)
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and epsom salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: almond oil, essential oil, and water.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while stirring with your hands. If too much water is added at once, the baking soda will begin to fizz.
4. If the mixture doesn’t reach the desired consistency (sticking together like wet sand), add more water using a spray bottle.
5. Add red soap dye and mix thoroughly. Add dried rose petals.
6. Line the baking mold with individual squares of plastic wrap. Scoop the the bath bomb mix in.
7. Pack down the mixture.
8. Let dry at least 24 hours.
9. Remove from the mold and brush on some gold luster dust.