Hey! Do you hear that? Huh? Do you? The hills are alive with the sound of GLEE!! I’m excited. Are you excited? You should be excited!
Let me be honest, though – I wasn’t always a Glee fan, or “Gleek” (I just learned that one). It wasn’t until I accidentally caught the final 20 minutes of the Whitney Houston tribute episode that I became hooked. The next day, I spent hours playing catch up and when the episodes ran out, “I was so, so sad… like a sad little panda.” As un-badass as this is, I have to admit that Glee is fantastic. It’s inspiring and packed full of laugh out loud moments and even better musical numbers. I mean, don’t we all kind of wish we could randomly break out in song? So, with the season 4 premiere fast approaching (as in, tonight!) I decided to give all the Gleeks out there a quick recap and a few juicy tidbits of upcoming awesomeness.
Here’s what you missed on Glee!
- Finn, played by Cory Monteith, broke up with Rachel (Lea Michele) – something about not wanting to hold her back from pursuing her dreams in New York.
- Santana got a cheerleading scholarship while Britney and her 0.0 GPA will be spending another year at McKinley.
- Quinn, played by Dianna Agron, got accepted to Yale.
- Mercedes (Amber Riley) landed a recording contract as a backup singer.
- Kurt didn’t get into NYADA.
- Mike Chang played by Harry Shum Jr. is headed to Chicago and the infamous Puckasaurus (Mark Salling) passed his geography test and graduated with the rest of his class. We all know he isn’t the brightest crayon in the box, so yay, Puck!
Great stuff, right? Totally gets better! Creator Ryan Murphy has been dropping hints and answering questions and the Twittersphere has been buzzing. Twitter fans seem concerned about the relationships of some of the core characters. Mr. Murphy promised more screen time for Santana (Naya Rivera) and Britney S. Pierce (Heather Morris), and he also mentioned the possibility of a little Finchel lip-locking, so maybe there is hope for the couple, after all. There have been tweets about Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) having a long distance relationship, which could mean Kurt will still be moving to New York… guess we’ll just have to wait and see!
Season 4 of Glee will bring a couple new faces, Melissa Benoist as Marley, Jacob Artist as Jake, Puck’s younger brother. We’ll have Becca Tobin playing Kitty, a new cheerleader who is “out to get Britney” and finally, the gorgeous Dean Geyer as Brody, who may or may not be trying to get into Ms. Berry’s pants. Let me not forget the awesome guest stars, Kate Hudson and Sarah Jessica Parker, who have both been casted for multi-episode story arcs. If that isn’t enough to make you wanna tune in, then I don’t know what is!
Oh! Don’t forget, “When you have sex with someone, you’re having sex with everyone they’ve had sex with and everyone has a random” – Life lessons from Hollie Holliday.
Glee premieres on Thursday September 13th at 9/8c, on FOX!