Any good chef or avid food competition watcher knows that salt is key. How many times has Tom Colicchio thrown someone under the bust for lack of seasoning on Top Chef? Almost every episode. Salt makes the cooking world go ’round, and good salt can make any dish that much better. As someone who spends a whole lot of time in the kitchen playing around and experimenting with new products, I’ve always been on the lookout for the best salt. Some were too coarse, some were too fine and some just didn’t cut it. Finally, while strolling around the supermarket the other day, I came across Maldon Sea Salt. I shrugged and picked it up, hopeful that this would be the one, and it was. Maldon is beautifully flakey, but no so much so that it can only be used for finishing dishes. If you’re going to buy any cooking necessities today or tomorrow, Maldon is what should be in your shopping cart.
- Marti SchodtUnder-the-radar female comedians who kill it on the regular
- Teri WilsonThis mom's email paved the way to a dream ballet class for differently-abled kids
- Elizabeth EntenmanAll hail Matt Stonie, our new reigning hot dog eating champ
- Carly LaneFourth of July hair is all kinds of amazing
- Tai GoodenAll the best besties on this season of ‘Orange Is the New Black'