Any good chef or avid food competition watcher knows that salt is key. How many times has Tom Colicchio thrown someone under the bust for lack of seasoning on Top Chef? Almost every episode. Salt makes the cooking world go ’round, and good salt can make any dish that much better. As someone who spends a whole lot of time in the kitchen playing around and experimenting with new products, I’ve always been on the lookout for the best salt. Some were too coarse, some were too fine and some just didn’t cut it. Finally, while strolling around the supermarket the other day, I came across Maldon Sea Salt. I shrugged and picked it up, hopeful that this would be the one, and it was. Maldon is beautifully flakey, but no so much so that it can only be used for finishing dishes. If you’re going to buy any cooking necessities today or tomorrow, Maldon is what should be in your shopping cart.
- Scarlet MeyerWe're loving this "7th Heaven" star's trip down memory lane
- Marissa HigginsScience says this is why you hate coffee
- Channing SargentDrake just re-fueled those Rihanna dating rumors with this huge declaration of love!
- Brittany BoydThis YouTube star is opening up about having an STI — and we’re listening
- Kit SteinkellnerThese Miyazaki-inspired tattoos are pure art and we're in love