I try to keep at least one camera on me at all times, and this Diana Baby 110 by Lomography has changed my life. I admit, I was getting lazy – Instagram is a fun format and a great way to capture and share images. So, unless I was traveling or out on a photo shoot, I relied on my iPhone. But then the Diana Baby 110 came into my life and now I can carry a film camera with me at all times! It’s tiny, you can put it in your pocket or throw it in a bag. The camera comes with a 24mm lens and a BONUS 12 mm wide angle lens. But most importantly, the images are stunning!
The 10 Golden Rules of Lomography:
1. Take your camera everywhere you go.
2. Use it anytime, day and night.
3. Lomography is not an interference in your life, but a part of it.
4. Try the shot from the hip.
5. Approach objects of your Lomographic desire as closely as possible.
6. “Don’t think” – William Firebrace
7. Be fast.
8. You don’t have to know beforehand what you’ve captured on film…
9. … and you don’t necessarily have to know afterwards either.
10. Don’t worry about any rules.
For the camera nerds out there, here are the specs:
Film Type: 110 film
Exposure area: 13mm x 13mm
Lenses: 24mm / 12 mm plastic lens
Closest effective focusing area: 24mm lens: 1m – inf.; 12mm wide angle lens: 0.4m-inf.
Aperture: Single f/8
Shutter: N (1/100) & B(bulb)
View Finder: built-in
Tripod mount: no
Flash connection: PC-socket