I’ve visited the fridge quite a lot this holiday. But, I didn’t see how multi-faceted it could be till I sat inside of one at the New Bedford Art Museum. Adrian Johnson, former professional snowboarder and now designer at Martha’s Vineyard architecture firm, has created innovative repurposed furniture made from vintage fridges and the back seats of BMW and Mercedes cars. He calls it the fridgecouch. Made entirely from materials found at junkyards, the fridgecouch has served as a main prop in Johnson’s photography. Having only made four fridgecouches, Johnson works on commission and is currently developing his product to become a business. He also makes mini fridge/freezer coffee tables, as seen below. Add Fridgecouch on Facebook, check out the website, and if you’re interested in featuring a fridgecouch at your next party or event, email Adrian Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elizabeth EntenmanWhite House dogs Bo and Sunny have an important message about keeping your pets safe during Hurricane Joaquin
- Ellen CliffordThe scientifically perfect recipe for awesome sticky buns
- From Our Readers The surprising gift I got from my broken heart
- Gina MeiJudy Greer and Natasha Lyonne perfectly tackle Hollywood's gender problem
- Michal MorrisonWhat having a unique first name has taught me