In the eyes of the law, I’m old enough to vote, drink, smoke, drive and watch a Rated-R movie without my parents. Although I can do all these things, I don’t feel like I’m even old enough to get a library card, so naturally I tend to gravitate towards movies with pretty colors and funny lines. I don’t mean stuff like Barney (maybe Teletubbies…) but more sophisticated cartoons like this weeks instant movie pick, Toy Story 3, the final chapter in the Toy Story series. No matter what age you are, a movie about growing up and learning about the importance of friendship (even if they are with toys) is always an awesome movie night pick. So, watch this movie because I said you should and because:
- Pixar movies look amazing!
- Two of my favorite cartoon voices are in this movie: Estelle Harris as Mrs. Potato Head (or as George Costanzas mom) and Kristen Schaal as Trixie the Triceratops (or Mel from Flight Of The Conchords).
- I grew up playing with Barbie and seeing her with Ken in their dream home, well, just about made me cry. All those accessories, all those beautiful accessories.
- Andy is all grown up and going off to college. ::weeps::
- Oh, it only won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe and a Grammy.