This might be a very controversial thing to say but, in my opinion, the best Disney movie EVER is Sleeping Beauty. It’s such a classic – you know, the whole ‘boy kills dragon to save girl’ thing. I love that it’s old timey and has castles, knights and stuff like that. Anyway, needless to say that these newer movies just don’t tickle me like Sleeping Beauty does. Then one blessed day, I decided I would watch Tangled (2010) with my godson. I fell in love about 10 minutes into the movie; it has all the things I love and a couple of twists. My godson, on the other hand, said, “We should have watched Tron” as we walked out. So yes, it’s a total chick movie, there’s no doubt… which is why you must must must watch! Need more? Here goes:
- I’m going to start with obvious, Flynn Rider is one hot piece of animated meat. He’s handsome, witty, totally bu-uff and rugged. He’ll totally go out and kill a dragon for you and then come home and sing the kids to sleep. I swear. He’s the Dylan McKay type but with a dash of sleaze.
- Some of you might remember my history with my hair and so you know how important it is to me. Now here is this movie with this girl with awesome hair that she uses like a rope. I’m jealous, that’s all.*
- Also, this is one of those old timey movies I’ve been yapping about. There’s castles and an old tower and animals with bad attitudes.
- Not since Beauty & The Beast have I sang along so much with a movie. THERE IS SINGING.
- Lastly, it’s a little unconventional. I like that it’s an old timey movie with a modern side.
So ladies, snuggle up on the couch with some cookies and milk, this is a must watch for this weekend! I promise this movie won’t disappoint. If you are disappointed, I can set you up with some friends that will set you straight! XOXOXO
*Morrissey lyric- ‘The Boy Racer’.
Image provided by csmonitor.com