It’s one of those days where I wake up thinking about how much I hate the men that have made me feel like I’m only worth a pack of Fruit Striped Gum. To cater to such moods, I like to indulge in self-destructive behavior like eating Doritos for breakfast, wearing my most comfortable pair of yoga pants (which have never been used for yoga) and chanting, “It’s not you, it’s him” over and over again in the mirror. The icing on the cake is watching She-Devil (1989) and basking in all the glory that is Ruth (Roseanne Barr) in this hilariously wicked movie. If a man has ever made you feel less than what you’re actually worth, then make sure this movie is in your queue because:
1. It’s therapeutic. Seeing Ruth’s problems put my very minor problems into perspective.
2. Besides Roseanne Barr, Meryl Streep is worth watching in this film. Can you say “Le fancy”?
3. I’m going to get a little sappy right now: there is a wonderful subplot about girls sticking together. *Tears*
4. It’s quite quotable! Example: “Were you voted least likely to succeed?”
5. There is A LOT of big hair and shoulders pads! I looove big hair and shoulder pads!
Gather the chocolate milk and some Caramel Delights. Tuck yourself into the couch. Put on your best angry girl face and get ready to do some serious man-hating!
Images by blackbrides.tumblr.com and Miss Foxtrot