Can you believe there was ever a time when nerds weren’t cool? Indeed there was. They didn’t come with cute glasses, fashionable cardigans and ironic t-shirts. Instead, they were real life guys who had no social skills, were too smart for their own good and didn’t read any magazine that didn’t have “Science” in the title. There was a time when nerds were actually nerds and girls didn’t swoon for them because they spent all of their time obsessing over science fiction novels and chemistry sets. Nerds were at one time at the bottom of the social totem pole. I know this is a lot to take in right now. Anyhow, because they were the outcasts it is only rational that they would have their very own underdog movie. This week’s Instant Movie selection is none other than Revenge Of The Nerds! Watch and you will find:
- Plenty o’ pocket protectors! They ARE a real thing!
- Where ever there is a geek, there is a jock bully. Only this time, the bullies don’t always win!
- There is musical scene. I won’t spoil it but if you’re into Devo it might be worth your time.
- One of my favorite actors, John Goodman, makes an appearance!
- Lastly, in the light of all the horrible bullying stories that are plastered all over the news, watching a movie that reassures that being yourself is more than okay is always a good enough reason to watch.
So let’s gather ’round the TV, my fellow nerds, and let’s enjoy the a film about nerds NOT finishing last for a change! I’ll bring the cookies if you bring the milk!
Image provided by getvideoartwork.com