Playing dress up is not only fun but also necessary if you ever want to see your children again. Okay, so maybe I’m being over the top, but that’s the plot of this week’s Instant Movie pick, Mrs. Doubtfire. The story of a family divided by divorce and a father who will do whatever it takes, even if it means dressing in drag, to have his children be a part of his life. A father willing to do anything just so that he wouldn’t miss their childhood. Yes, this week we should be watching a warm and heartfelt movie sprinkled with funny one liners because:
- I’ve always wanted to shove my face in a cake and hope that people don’t recognize me.
- Pierce Brosnan getting hit in the head with a lemon in the funniest “run by fruiting” scene.
- Robin Williams in the captivating title role of Mrs. Doubtfire. He had me convinced he was a woman!
- If you came of age in the ’90s, you had a crush on at least one of the Lawrence brothers…there is one in this flick!
- Lastly, it’s an Academy Award winning movie. That should tell you it’s worth watching!
So gather up the entire family for this weeks Instant Movie pick, it’s fun for the entire family. You’ll laugh, cry and laugh some more. Milk and cookies need you to show them a good time!