Given my selection of movie picks, it’s painfully obvious that I am a child of the ’90s and as expected, here is another! This week, this movie selection takes a classic tale of innocence, fun and gives it a twist that adds another chapter to the story of Peter Pan. Do you like sword fights? Men in wigs and tights? Giant Crocodiles? Flying pixies? I’m talking about the movie Hook, and if you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it immediately! Ever wondered what ever happens to a character after the story ends? Do you lay awake at night wondering if Peter Pan ever grew up? He did. The story of a grown up Peter Pan living in the real world is the plot behind this movie and it’s full of imagination and magic. So get ready for:
- Julia Roberts as the adorable and pint-sized Tinkerbell!
- It’s directed by Steven Spielberg. Let’s just say he has a knack for bringing magic stories to life.
- The Lost Boys are as fun as ever! Those kids know how to party.
- Dustin Hoffman makes a brilliant Captain Hook! He’s even more conceiving this time around.
- Lastly, watch because we’ve all chanted “RUFIO” at least once in our lives!
So gather up the kiddos and grab the milk and cookies. This fun-for-the-entire-family film will make your weekend a most enjoyable and memorable one!
Image provided by giggsey.com