If I could delete someone from my life, I would. In a heartbeat. I’d pluck people out of my life with giant tweezers and never look back. The annoying neighbor, the chatty landlady, the psycho co-worker…poof! All gone. No regrets. I would, however, keep all the relationships I’ve ever had that involved love: friends, family and boyfriends. Those, no matter how great or how painful, are the ones that stick. This week’s instant movie deals with just that; trying to forget the unforgettable. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) is a beautifully crafted film that deals with love and all its complexities. Of course, you want to find that our for yourself right? Why watch:
- Kate Winslet has ever-changing hair color. One minute it’s blue, the next red then orange. Oh wait, is that their way of showing time passing in the movie? I get it now.
- Jim Carrey is most known for his comedic roles. Every now and again, he dives into the serious role like in The Truman Show and he totally nails it. Every time. He does it once again here.
- For those of you girls who are hopeless romantics…it’ll fade. Only joking, ladies! How can we possibly NOT be hopeless romantics when love conquers all? EVEN SCIENCE! All of the best movies conquer science!
- Those of us who are in the know are very aware that Jon Brion is an immensely talented musician. He’s everywhere, you just don’t know it. Next time you hear Rufus Wainwright, Fiona Apple, Elliot Smith and Kanye West think of this guy, you know you’re getting a quality film score with this guys reputation alone!
- And lastly, anything Michel Gondry directs is worth watching. The dude is a visionary.
So gather up the snack wells and that goblet of milk. It’s time to strap yourself into the couch and behold a good ol’ fashioned love story set in our crazy modern times.
Image provided by friesian.com