The holidays are officially here, so it’s time to start celebrating those movies that make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Besides the obvious Christmas movies, nothing makes me love the holidays more than Tim Burton’s masterpiece, Edward Scissorhands (1990). So it’s not a huge Holiday favorite, but Christmas is sorta happening in the background in this movie, so any excuse to watch, right? Anyway, Edward Scissorhands is the lovely tale of young love and seeing through all the exterior stuff that really doesn’t matter when it comes to true love. So if there is ever a time to get sappy, it’s on Thanksgiving weekend when you’re sitting around trying to get off the couch. Sit back down and watch Edward Scissorhands because:
- It stars Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder. They were the first, like, LEGIT “It Couple”.
- You know that every Tim Burton film is sort of dark, but in a romantic way. Make sense?
- This is the movie where Anthony Michael hall officially crosses over from being a nerd to being a total babe. A lucrative moment in cinema history.
- It’s one of the best movies that came out of the ’90s, it’s definitely in my top ten!
- Lastly and most importantly: The movie is about a dude who has scissors for hands. Why wouldn’t you want to see this?