Finally, a movie about two weirdos finding love – a reaffirmation that there really is someone for everybody. Those of us who are too nervous, anxious, quirky, dorky, eccentric and geeky can find solace in this weeks Instant Movie pick, Eagle Vs. Shark (2007). This unconventional love story between a painfully shy girl and an overly confident video game geek will make you feel all warm and gross inside. Hailing from New Zealand, this romantic comedy will leave you wanting more from the land of sheep and meadows. Ready for this film to charm the pants off you? Watch because you’ll find:
- Jemaine Clement stars as Jarrod, the leading heartthrob in t he movie. You might recognize Jemaine from a little show called Flight of the Conchords.
- The title of the movie is based on the characters favorite animals. Yes, hers is a shark and his is an eagle. Would I leave my house dressed in an animal suit? Probably not, but these two seem to have no problem with it.
- The film was written by some of the masterminds that attended Sundance in 2005. A Sundance-selected movie is usually guaranteed to be great!
- The soundtrack features the like to The Stone Roses (a personal favorite), Devendra Banhart and of course, M. Ward.
- Because it’s indie and foreign, weirdos like us are bound to love it.
Gather ’round the blankets and your closest buddies. The only thing that can make this movie night complete is warm milk and freshly baked cookies. Let’s make this Saturday night happen with Eagle Vs. Shark!
Image provided by: flash-screen.com