It happens every year, and it never gets any easier to deal with: It’s the end of summer, guys. It’s time to trade in the tankinis for Trapper Keepers and head back to school, work, being an adult and all that stuff that isn’t fun. Before we put summer behind us, let’s celebrate it with one last hurrah by watching one of the ultimate last-day-of-school/summer fever films the ’90s ever gave us: Dazed And Confused (1993). My mind is filled with thousands of reasons (well, maybe about a dozen) why you should be ending the summer on a Dazed And Confused note:
- Two words: AIR RAID! One of the best scenes Parker Posey has ever been in!
- You’ll be taken back to the days where the older kids picked on you because you were a scared little freshman… and you thought it was okay because, like, those were the rules of high school. Suddenly being an adult doesn’t sound so bad.
- We’ve got an abundance of cute boys in this one ladies. Keep your eyes peeled for the likes of Jason London, Matthew McConaughey and Ben Affleck. Also, because she’s super cool and gorgeous, keep and eye out for Milla Jovovich. There is too many teen crushes here!
- To be honest, I don’t know if the ’70s look is in, but I think costumes are all incredibly cute! I love seeing the knee high socks, bell bottoms and long shaggy hair on boys!
- Besides being a cult classic, we hear lots of quality ’70s music like the always awesome Alice Cooper’s ‘School’s Out’!