I always imagined I would grow to be one of those people who was overly obsessed with her dog. I’m not there yet but I really want to be. I’m at the age where I am ready to be a mother and although I don’t find myself making googly eyes at babies, I go absolutely insane when there is a dog near me. Every dog I see, I want to shove into my purse and run home with. Sadly, because I don’t live in my own house, I can’t have a dog yet but I’m ready to print up t-shirts with my dog’s face on it and send out Christmas cards with us cuddling as soon as it does happen. In the meantime, I fill the void with movies like Best In Show (2000). If I can’t be freakishly obsessed with my dog then I’ll watch others who are. You should watch too because:
- The opening scene alone is hilarious! Who takes their dog to therapy?!
- The cast is unbelievable: Parker Posey, Eugene Levy, Jane Lynch, Catherine O’Hara…
- Bravo lists this movie as #38 on their funniest movie list.
- This was directed by Christopher Guest, aka Harlan Pepper aka The Lord Haden-Guest (he’s a real life Lord) aka Count Tyrone Rugen (from The Princess Bride) so he’s automatically awesome!
- There are at least twenty dogs I’d be afraid to go near, not for my safety but for their own. I think I might be the grown up version of Elmyra Duff from Tiny Toon Adventures.
So grab the cookies and Pup-Peroni and cuddle up with your pooch to enjoy one of the most dog-friendly movies ever!
Featured image provided by bestinshowonline.warnerbros.com