Growing up on television is an amazing thing. I have early and fond memories of films, some very dear to me like this week’s Instant Movie pick: Beetlejuice. Yes, I was exposed to Tim Burton at a very early age (explains a lot?) and I’m proud to say I’ve been a fan ever since. Between Beetlejuice and Pee Wee Herman, I was practically raised by Time Burton! I know I can’t be the only person who loves Beetlejuice, so join me tonight for a screening of Tim Burton’s finest work. Expect to find the unexpected and then some:
- I went through a goth phase. There, I said it – so I can relate to Lydia (Winona Ryder) and I sorta thought she was cool. Come forward if YOU were goth, too!
- The dance scenes AND the music! All I have to say is… DAY-O.
- Treat yourself to a film with an endless amount of imagination; it’s nice to escape reality and walk alongside ghouls and goblins.
- Frankly, we don’t see enough of Geena Davis anymore but she’ll always be just a play button away. Do it for Geena!
- And lastly, a rather young and handsome Alec Baldwin. He’s always been great.
Be ready to enter the land of the unknown. Make sure you bring a pillow and blanket. Milk and cookies wouldn’t hurt, either, because you’ll want to be comfortable when you enter the land of the dead once you say his name three times.
Image provided by fanpop.com