The summer of my eighth year was very memorable, my life took a pivotal turn. This was the summer I rented A Hard Day’s Night (1964) and I watched it every single day. To say I am a fan of this film is an understatement; it’s definitely in my Top Ten. This movie made me fall in love with The Beatles. I mean, I loved their music but I also loved their personas on film (that’s fancy talk for: they’re fun!). This week, pencil in a movie night with this one, you can’t miss:
- Lots of Beatles classic. From ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ to ‘She Loves You’.
- The Liverpool accents. Totally adorbs!
- It has legit fashion. I love all the mod clothes, the big hair and even bigger eyeliner!
- If you don’t have a favorite Beatle, shame on you. Watch this film, by the end, you will. I’ve been a Ringo-gal since day one.
- This is one of those films that you have to see just because it’s a classic! The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz and Grease are in the same league. Please don’t be the person who never saw A Hard Day’s Night…please.