We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Drop me in Madagascar, India, Vietnam or any other far flung part of the world and I’ll have made friends, partaken in a meal, given advice, let someone braid my hair and learned a girly makeup trick within 24 hours. I can also complete puzzles very fast and whip up a picnic at 14,000 feet. I’ve got a mean golf swing and I hike up to ski down. But ask me if I’ve hung those artworks you saw resting on the floor of my bedroom three weeks ago or if I’ve put up shelves in the bathroom or managed to install my shades and I’ll make up 101 excuses. My brain isn’t wired for home improvement. But when even my friend at the hardware store wouldn’t help me spackle my walls, I had to take matters into my own hands. Everyone said it would be easy… I made it fun.
- Rachel PaigeThe ‘Zoolander 2' trailer is so hot right now
- Juliette KoppJumping off a cliff was my biggest fear—so I decided to face it
- Kit SteinkellnerThis toddler chose a local personal injury lawyer as his birthday theme
- Tyler VendettiAll the incredibly useful terms we learned from ‘Seinfeld'
- Lindsay GrossmanWhat I wish I knew when I was 15