On my recent flight from LAX to JFK, I noticed something I could no longer ignore: women wearing pajamas when flying! Yeah okay, I get it, you want to be comfortable…its a long flight…blah, blah, blah. But there’s a way to be comfortable and still look fantastic! Remember the old days when you had to get dressed up in formal/business wear to fly? No? Me neither, but you know what I mean. And here’s the kicker, I’m not saying you need to posh it up and travel in heels and a tight dress. That would be impractical and super uncomfortable, but let’s please leave the Uggs and sweatsuits at home.
5 Clothing Items (you probably already own) That Are Comfy & Still Stylish:
- Flats: Throw on a pair of fashionable flats! Whether ballet black, printed or moccassins, flats are a great comfy alternative to Uggs. They are easy to slip on and off at airport security and they look feminine and chic.
- Cotton or Jean Leggings: Leggings are a way more put together looking than sweats and equally as warm and comfortable! Plus, no belt needed so you wont get held up at security.
- Long Cardigan, Sweater, Blazer or Coat: Invest in a fashionista fun sweater, blazer or coat that covers your bum and keeps you warm. We all know how chilly an airplane can get and since no one offers blankets anymore…bring your own! In the form of apparel.
- Stylish Scarf: Its pretty hard to NOT look totally awesome when you’re rocking a kick-ass scarf. Scarves are the ultimate accessory because they really can bring any outfit from boring to WOW! Its also a great airplane tool for covering your face when your rude neighbor rips a stinky one (you know what I’m talking about)
- Carry-On Bag: A shopping bag is NOT an acceptable carry-on bag! Even if its a “designer” shopping bag like Barneys or Saks! Luggage can be pricey but its a total investment and can make traveling so much easier. Invest the money…its worth it! Have fun with colors, styles and prints. But make sure its a sensible fun, you don’t want to spend money on a pattern or color you’re gonna be sick of after your 3rd trip.
Check out these lovely celebs and their fantastic travel looks. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Happy Traveling!
Photos via Airport Outfits