In honor of the New Year, I have been experimenting with cocktail recipes. After creating a few Simple Syrups earlier this month, I decided to turn these into festive Holiday drinks. One of my favorites is the Hibiscus Cocktail. It’s quick, easy, sweet and floral. The Simple Syrup can be made days ahead which leaves more time for merry mingling.
May your spirits be bright, and your New Year even brighter. Cheers!
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- ice cubes
- 1 part (or 2 shots) Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- 1 part (or 2 shots) vodka, optional
- fresh lemon, 1 to 2 slices
- Fill a glass halfway with ice.
- Add in vodka and Hibiscus Syrup.
- Squeeze fresh lemon into the glass.
- With a spoon, gently stir the cocktail.
- Top with tonic (to taste) and enjoy!
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!